For the Crust:
¼ cup butter, melted
1 ¼ cups fine gingersnap crumbs
For the Filling:
½ cup butter
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup fine gingersnap crumbs
1 cup whipping cream
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 cups fresh olallieberries
¾ cup chopped pecans
1) Make the ginger crumbs by, processing gingersnap cookies in a food processor or place them in a sealed plastic bag and run a rolling pin over them.
2) To make the ginger crust; mix the crumbs and butter in a bowl using your hands. Press this mixture onto the bottom and sides of a pie pan and then chill.
3) In a separate bowl coddle the eggs. Place a cooking pan with water over high heat and bring the water to a boil. Gently add the egg and cook for exactly 1 minute. Turn off the heat and remove the eggs from the water promptly. Set them aside.
4) In an electric mixers’ bowl cream the sugar and butter together. Add the coddled eggs one at a time while beating the mixture constantly.
5) Pour this mixture into the chilled pie crust.
6) Top the mixture with ½ cup of ginger crumbs.
7) With an electric mixer whip the cream and sugar together, fold in the berries and nuts and spread this mixture over the crumbs layer of the pie.
8) Chill for at least two hours and serve while chilled.