This recipe was taken from the Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes. It is an easy to follow recipe for those who enjoy cooking. You can prepare this dish in just 29 minutes and cook it for another 35 minutes. The result of the dish is a rich and cheesy meal perfect for some lunch get-togethers. If you enjoy eating cheesy dishes, this recipe will excite you. The ingredients you will need includecorn tortillas, cooked chicken, whole kernel corn, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, flour, and Mexican cheese blend. You may use fat-free sour cream for a healthier alternative, especially if you are on a diet.
For more great dishes you’re free to visit Gourmandia.ca.
6 6-inch corn tortillas
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
3 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. flour
2 cup (8 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. The oven is preheated to 350⁰F. Slice the tortillas into wedges. Each one should have six wedges. With either olive oil or a cooking spray, lightly coat a large casserole dish. Put half of the sliced tortilla wedges on the bottom of the dish.
2. The remaining tortilla wedges is put on a separate baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until they become crisp and golden.
3. In a separate bowl, mix cooked chicken, salsa, corn, sour cream, flour, and cilantro while the tortillas are in the oven. Pour mixture on top of tortillas on a baking dish.
4. Remove the plain tortillas when they have finished baking. Set aside. Place the baking dish in oven. Cook uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
5. Carefully arrange baked tortilla wedges on the casserole. Generously sprinkle with cheese. Put in oven and bake until heated through, about 5-10 minutes. Garnish the dish with extra sour cream, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and fresh peppers; according to your preference.