When cooking Asian food, figuring out what to do for a salad can be a challenge. Try this tasty Asian Eggplant Salad for your next Asian meal and you won’t regret it. Let Gourmandia.ca help you out.
Turn oven on to 400 degrees
– 2 tablespoons canola oil
– 2 small, firm eggplants, peeled and sliced to 1/4 inch thick lengthwise
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Spread the oil on nonstick baking sheets, then coat the eggplant by laying them on the sheets, then turning to coat both sides.
2. Sprinkle the eggplant with the salt.
Bake these for 20 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
3. Combine these ingredients in a bowl.
TO FINISH THE SALAD:
– 8 cups loosely packed watercress, washed and dried
4. Spread the watercress on a large platter.
5. Fold the cooled eggplant slices in half and arrange them on the watercress.
– 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (optional)
6. Just before serving, pour on the dressing and sprinkle on the bread crumbs.